- 1 Can I lodge complaint against courier company?
- 2 Who regulates courier companies in India?
- 3 What happens if courier is not delivered?
- 4 How do I register a complaint with professional courier?
- 5 How do I take legal action against a courier company?
- 6 Can I sue courier company?
- 7 Who regulates parcel companies?
- 8 How can I complain to Dtdc?
- 9 Who regulates DHL?
- 10 Who is responsible if a parcel goes missing?
- 11 Who is liable for missing packages?
- 12 What happens if my parcel is lost?
- 13 Who is the owner of Professional couriers?
- 14 Who is the best courier company in India?
- 15 Is professional courier reliable?
Can I lodge complaint against courier company?
Yes, you can file a complaint with the district Consumer Protection Redressal Tribunal for the deficiency in service and seek compensation from them. File a case in the Consumer Forum against this courier company for gross deficiency in services and claim compensation from them and also the fee of your lawyer.
Who regulates courier companies in India?
As per the re-drafted Bill -the Post Office and Courier Services Bill, 2010-which was reviewed by FE, the courier firms would need to register themselves with the regulator- Postal Regulatory Authority of India (PRAI)- and adhere to a set of guidelines for quality of services framed by it.
What happens if courier is not delivered?
Generally, nonmailable packages are returned to the sender. But, if for any reason the sender will not or cannot receive it, the courier company will hold onto a parcel for a while so that the owner can file a claim. However, they cannot wait indefinitely.
How do I register a complaint with professional courier?
Professional Courier Customer Care:
- Customer Helpline Number: +91-22-278 13309.
- Fax:+91-22-275 74590.
- E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
- Website: www.tpcindia.com.
How do I take legal action against a courier company?
You can file a consumer complaint against the courier company and its franchisee either in Jaipur or Bangalore as at both places cause of action had arisen but please make sure your receiver has not signed any acknowledgement stating that he has received parcel in good condition otherwise they can deny your claim.
Can I sue courier company?
Did you know, actually we can sue the courier company if we as customers are not satisfied with their services? So if you have a problem with the delivery company, you can make a claim on them.
Who regulates parcel companies?
Although the postal industry is regulated by Ofcom, finding out who regulates courier services isn’t as simple. It might surprise you to learn that courier services aren’t actually regulated by anyone. However, that doesn’t mean they’re any less reliable, experienced or the perfect fit for your business.
How can I complain to Dtdc?
DTDC Customer Care:
- DTDC Customer Helpline Number: 080-25365032, 25365039. Email Support: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Delhi 011 – 3300 4444/ 0124 – 499560 / 61 68.
- DTDC – Kolkata.
- DTDC – Delhi (North Delhi)
- DTDC – Hyderabad.
- DTDC – Mumbai.
- DTDC – Bangalore.
- DTDC Social Network:
Who regulates DHL?
1. The Claimant, DHL International (UK) Limited (‘DHL’), is an international door-to door courier of goods. The Defendant, Office of Communications (‘Ofcom’), is the regulator of postal services under the Postal Services Act 2011 (‘the 2011 Act’).
Who is responsible if a parcel goes missing?
When a parcel goes missing, it’s logical to think the courier company is liable. However, it’s actually the retailer who is responsible for compensating you. While it’s a good idea to contact the courier first, if the parcel is truly lost, you’ll need to take it up with the retailer.
Who is liable for missing packages?
The short answer is: The seller, which means you, the business owner. Obviously, if you printed the wrong address on the shipping label, didn’t include a return address, or poorly packaged the item, it’s 100% on you to compensate the customer with a new shipment or a refund.
What happens if my parcel is lost?
If you’ve dispatched a parcel that is late or lost, you will usually be entitled to compensation under Consumer Rights Act, covering at least the cost of the delivery. If all else fails and the delivery company is regulated, try contacting the independent postal redress scheme (POSTRS).
Who is the owner of Professional couriers?
The Weekend Leader – Ahamed Meeran | Professionals Couriers, Co Founder and Managing Director | Success Story.
Who is the best courier company in India?
10 Fastest Courier Services in India That Save You Time and Money
- 1 Shiprocket.
- 2 Bluedart.
- 3 Delhivery.
- 4 DotZot.
- 5 Gati.
- 6 DHL.
- 7 FedEx.
- 8 XpressBees.
Is professional courier reliable?
Very very worst service in the World. Not recommended to book your parcels or envelope thru this worst Professional courier. From Chennai to Bangalore, it took 6 days to deliver my envelope, after vigorous follow up calls made by me. I never seen such stupid service courier in my life.