- 1 Do you need a CDL to drive for FedEx?
- 2 What are the requirements to be a FedEx driver?
- 3 What disqualifies you from driving for FedEx?
- 4 How much do FedEx courier drivers make?
- 5 Who pays better UPS or FedEx?
- 6 Is FedEx freight a good job?
- 7 Is it easy to get a job at FedEx?
- 8 What skills do you need to work at FedEx?
- 9 How many stops does a FedEx driver make?
- 10 Will FedEx hire me with a DUI?
- 11 Does FedEx do drug test?
- 12 What does a FedEx courier driver?
- 13 What should I wear to a FedEx Courier interview?
- 14 Do UPS drivers make good money?
Do you need a CDL to drive for FedEx?
FedEx Ground (contractors) and FedEx Freight both operate tractor-trailers. You would need a Class A CDL to drive those.
What are the requirements to be a FedEx driver?
- Have professional driving experience within the last three years of their career or be currently enrolled in an entry-level driving course.
- Be 21 years or older.
- Pass both a drug test authorized by FedEx Ground and a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
- Complete a full background check.
What disqualifies you from driving for FedEx?
Reckless, aggressive or careless endangerment of any vehicle. Any instance of exceeding the posted speed limit by 15 m.p.h. or more. Operating a CMV when not medically certified. Operating a vehicle that contains alcoholic beverages, drugs or controlled substances contrary to law.
How much do FedEx courier drivers make?
The typical FedEx Courier salary is $21 per hour. Courier salaries at FedEx can range from $17 – $31 per hour. This estimate is based upon 92 FedEx Courier salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods.
Who pays better UPS or FedEx?
According to Glassdoor in December 2020, FedEx part-time couriers can expect to earn approximately $18 an hour on average. As for UPS, part-time personal vehicle drivers earn an average wage of approximately $21 an hour.
Is FedEx freight a good job?
FedEx Freight is at the top of the LTL industry and a great company to work for. Management is supportive and Benefits are some of the best in the industry. Good place to work, fast paced and pay was fair, but health insurance not the best.
Is it easy to get a job at FedEx?
Easy Application, Quickly hired you after observation and fill the application, All of you will get hired no matter what if you have experience or not but important that you have a transportation to work from home.
What skills do you need to work at FedEx?
Minimum Requirements: College degree/Equivalent and two (2) years business experience, preferably in express, cargo, airline, or transportation industry. Good verbal, written, and oral communication skills. Computer literate. Good administrative, clerical, and people skills.
How many stops does a FedEx driver make?
An average FedEx driver can deliver anywhere between 75 and 125 packages per day! This is extremely high if you were to compare it to the home delivery industry at large, where the average is closer to about 15 to 35 per day.
Will FedEx hire me with a DUI?
For example, FedEx won’t hire someone with a DUI to work as a delivery driver. If you have a history of theft convictions, you will be unlikely to get a job working in a packaging warehouse.
Does FedEx do drug test?
If you are selected to join us, you will receive a job offer, including compensation and benefits, on the condition that you successfully complete any required background checks and drug testing.
What does a FedEx courier driver?
Courier/Driver The face of FedEx to our customers, you will organise and complete the collection and delivery of their packages. Working within an assigned area, this is more than just a driving job. You’ll take pride in the service you provide, the uniform you wear, and the vehicle you drive.
What should I wear to a FedEx Courier interview?
12 Answers from Employees at FedEx
- Helpful. You should always dress for success no matter what position you’re applying for.
- Helpful. Jeans and a decent shirt.
- Helpful. Suit, dress for success.
- Helpful. Dress pants and shirt.
- Helpful. Smart casual, or suit.
- Helpful. Business casual.
- Helpful. Dress clothes.
- Helpful. Business /casual.
Do UPS drivers make good money?
Average UPS Delivery Driver yearly pay in California is approximately $97,750, which is 84% above the national average.